Time to measure the concentration of free chlorine or total chlorine of your swimming pool water or food wasting water with a chlorine meter. The best and reliable option to measure your pool water-free chlorine is Extech CL200 Exstik waterproof chlorine meter. It is suitable for total chlorine or free chlorine monitoring in potable water, seawater, swimming pool water, etc.
It can measure from 0.01 ppm to 10 ppm. This revolutionary technique measure helps you to provide the correct reading of existing chlorine in the pool water. The CL200 means the box is rated more than 200 Amp continuous 220 V or 240 V power pull through it. It works fine on temperature ranges from -5 degrees Celsius to 90-degree Celsius.
It makes non-subjective measurements unaffected by interferences connected with consecutive colorimeters and spectrometers like sample color, turbidity, light, and pollutants.
Top features and benefits of Extech CL200 Exstik waterproof chlorine meter
It is designed with lots of stunning and convenient features to make measurement easy and swiftly. This chlorine meter provides accurate measurements of chlorine in the water. Having one of these handy devices, you can easily and quickly get the reading of residual free or total chlorine.
Let’s look at its fabulous and exceptional features and benefits;
- The Extech CL200 ExStik Waterproof Chlorine Meter is designed to provide fast and easy measurements (less than 2 minutes) of total or free chlorine.
- Unaffected and unhampered by interfaces connected with conventional colorimeters and spectrometers like color, turbidity, light, and pollutants.
- Formulated with a large screen transparent display that shows ppm of total chlorine and temperature at one time.
- Has plus analog bar graph indicator to indicate the exact amount of chlorine and low battery notification.
- Designed with waterproof IP67 standard to save the meter from water and helps to extend the meter life.
- Comes with a low detection limit down to 0.01 mg/L.
- Easy to carry, lightweight (weight is only 110g) designed and you can carry out to keep in your pocket.
- Composed with high-grade methods for the test of pool water and wastewater 45k C1.
- Comes with a data hold, auto power-off, and low battery indicator.
- The item volume is 0.02 millimeters that make a smooth grip.
- This chlorine meter measuring range is from 0.01 mg/L to 10 mg/L (ppm).
- Uses easy-to-use reagent tablets rather than messy powders.
- Memory stores, tags, and withdrawals up to 15 readings.
- It is approved by the US EPA as an adoptable (receivable) process for wastewater compliance monitoring of total chlorine.
- It can be under both cold and hot conditions. The working temperature range is from 23 degrees Fahrenheit to 194 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It uses a dilution process of 10 to 50 ppm.
- Designed with self-activating electronic calibration and supreme flat surface chlorine electrode.
- This chlorine meter Extech included a flat surface chlorine electrode, ExTab reagent tablets (for 50 tests), protective sensor cap, sample cup with cap, almost 4 feet (1.2m) neck strap, 4 x 3V CR-2032 Lithium-ion Batteries.
- Waterproof design floats and protects the meter.
- The solid-state flat sensor contains no glass, won’t clog, and is easy to clean.
- Provides the highest accuracy on measurement. (not less than 10% of reading minimum 0.01 ppm).
- Product dimensions: 1.4-inch D x 6.8 inch H x 1.6 inch.
Is the chlorine meter suitable for your needs?
It is reliable and convenient for measuring the chlorine levels of water. This is a precise instrument for checking the fluoride content of drinking water or usable water. With this, you can easily see the chlorine level in the ppm unit and know the water safety.
If the chlorine meter shows the amount of chlorine is 4 ppm then it is considered for drinking. It efficiently measures chlorine. Lightweight design helps to carry this in your pocket.
- Provides fast and easy measurements.
- Measures range from 0.001 ppm to 0.1 ppm.
- Ability to work in extreme cold and hot seasons.
- Not a plug-and-play device. Need to follow instructions on the manufacturer.
Where do you use the Extech CL200 Exstik waterproof chlorine meter?
The Extech CL200 Exstik waterproof chlorine meter is fit for total or free residual chlorine monitoring in potable water, seawater, process water, swimming pool water, wastewater, food washing, paper, and pulp, etc. It is used to measure chlorine ranges from 0.1 ppm to 10 ppm in both pools and spas.
How do you use the chlorine meter?
It is simple to use, you just need to fill the tube with water, add 1-5 drops of the solution and look for the color change. It uses reagent tablets rather than messy powders to measure the chlorine. This portable chlorine meter uses the colorimetric formula to highly accurately measure the concentration of free or total chlorine among the sample.
How does the Extech CL200 ExStik Waterproof Chlorine Meter stand out in the competition?
It comes with lots of fantastic features that make it stand out. It can measure the amount of chlorine in the water in the ppm unit. It shows the amount of chlorine in the display. If the chlorine levels are 4 or up to 4 ppm, then the water is safe for drinking. With this chlorine meter, you can easily and quickly get the measurement of chlorine value.
Let’s find out its specialty, durability, and user-friendly;
It comes with an IP67 waterproof standard that helps to protect this meter from water damage. The most important characteristic of this chlorine meter is, it can work both cold and hot weather simultaneously.
The working range of this meter is from -5 degrees to 90 Degree Celsius. The large display shows the data of total or free chlorine and temperature at one time. This meter can measure total or free chlorine from 0.01 ppm to 10 ppm.
It is durable to use this instrument after a long time. If you follow the manufacturer’s technical instructions, it can run for a long time. Just beware, proper usage requires time and patience, and the capability to understand and follow written instructions properly.
It is a fantastic and convenient product as well as user-friendly if you know all procedures of use. It is not a plug-and-play device so it needs some moderate experience in following technical instructions. There are three easy ways to measure the total chlorine using this chlorine meter.
Firstly, drop 1 DPD reagent tablet into mL sample solution using the included cup. Secondly, shake forcibly for 20 to 30 seconds or grind the tablet until it dissolves, and lastly, insert the meter into a sample cup and take a reading when the display stabilizes.