Did you know how to maintain swimming pool water level? Not every pool owner can understand the importance of maintaining the level of their water. The water level can make or break your backyard oasis, whether you have an inland pool or an above-ground pool or spa.
Too low and it can damage your filter and motor, too high and it will run inefficiently. The correct level of water is around your skimmer’s midpoint.
Here’s I have discussed how to maintain your pool water level.
How to Lower Your Pool Water Level?
After heavy rain, you may need to lower your pool water level or if you forgot to turn off your hose when filling the pool.
To reduce the level, if it has one, you may be able to use the multiport valve on your pool pump or the drain. You can use an external, submersible pump or siphon out the water with a hose if you do not.
Uses of Multiple Valve for the Pool Pump
By switching the multiport valve to the “WASTE” position, you can use the waste outlet on your pool pump. Make sure it’s also open if you have another two-way valve on the waste line.
You may also like: Best pool pump & filter
Uses of the Pump Drain
If your pool has a cartridge filter, since you remove and clean the cartridge, you won’t need a multiport valve. If that’s the case, look for a port with drainage. Hook a hose up to the spigot, open it and drain until the required level of water is reached.
Uses of a Submersible Pump
The hose is attached to a submersible pump and sinks to the bottom of the pool. Plug it in once there and it will start pumping the water out to wherever you have the drainage set up.
You may also like: 7 Best Above Ground Pool Pump That Will Enhance Your Experience
Leaching Water from the Pool
If you don’t have a multiport valve, drainage port, or a submersible pump, if you can create the elevation difference and initial flow needed to start the process, you can siphon the water from the pool.
How to Raise Your Pool Water Level?
- You can use a garden hose to raise it to the suggested level halfway, or three-quarters up your skimmer, to add water to your pool.
- You may want to contact your local water utility firm if you need a lot of water added. They will sometimes offer an adjusted rate for a pool to be filled. You may consider finding a water delivery service so it can be trucked in if you are in an area where public water is very expensive.
- When you’re done filling your pool, make sure you balance the chemistry of the pool water because the chemical levels will be thrown away by new water.
How the Importance of Maintaining Pool Water Level?
- The skimmer can bottom out and suck air into your filter system when the water in your swimming pool is too low. And when that happens, you’re at risk of your pool pump’s engine burning out. This could be an expensive issue. So you should keep an eye on your swimming pool’s water level.
Are you looking for the best and commercial robotic pool cleaner?5 Best Commercial Robotic Pool Cleaner For Optimum Performance
- Your skimmer won’t work as efficiently if your pool level is too high. Although this is not a very serious issue, particularly compared to what can happen if the water in your pool is too low. For you, it can create more work for maintenance.
- At the exact halfway point on the skimmer door, the ideal water level is. Also, more water should be added when the level gets below the third point.
You may also like: Pentair intellichlor R171096 Automatic In-Line Chlorine Generator
What to Know Maintaining Pool Water Level?
- Your pool filter system’s efficient operation depends heavily on the water level in your swimming pool, but this fact is often ignored.
Here are some of the best and result-driven pool chlorine tablests!6 Best Chlorine Tablets for Swimming Pool – Top Picks & Tips
- Novice pool owners may not know it but if you fail to maintain the optimum swimming pool water level, your skimmer box may be at risk of shutting down.
- There is endless advice available, but the solution is simple when it comes to the water level of your swimming pool. To remain stable, maintain proper pool care, and keep up with regular checks for your water levels.
- You can remain one step ahead of the changing tides of backyard pools by simply checking your water level daily basis.
- You will rarely have to remove water from a swimming pool, but from time to time, you may need to top it up.
- The effects of a low water level are much more catastrophic than a high one, so keeping your water-filled is a vital step in the maintenance of the pool.
I hope you understood everything and you know how to maintain swimming pool water level?
Related: How to maintain swimming pool?